How to Switch Auto Attendant for Office and Non-Office Hours by using Extension
Posted by on 15 February 2012 04:05 PM
In the past, the administrator of VigorIPPBX must access into the web configurator of VigorIPPBXto set the Auto Attendant for Office and Non-Office hours. With the convenient and new feature of“Turn ON Night Service/Turn OFF Night Service”, the administrator can switch the office andnon-office hours by simply pressing the extension number on the phone set.
Now, follow the steps below to make the configuration:
1. Open IPPBX>>PBX System and click the link of PBX Service Number. The following pagewill appear.
2. The default hot keys for Turn ON Night Service and Turn OFF Night Service are *7 and *8.You can modify them if required.
In which,Turn ON Night Service indicates the hot key to switch into non-office hours answer mode.After input *7 on the extension, you will hear the special prompt voice and the system willswitch into Non-office hours then.Turn OFF Night Service indicates the hot key to switch into office hours answer mode.After input *8 on the extension, you will hear the special prompt voice and the system willswitch into Office hours then.
3. Next, open IPPBX>>Line Setting. For the configuration of SIP Trunk/ISDN Trunk/PSTNTrunk, please configure the settings as the following figure:
Thus, the incoming call on Office hours will be forwarded to the Extension 2001; the incomingcall on Non-Office hours will be forwarded to the Extension 901 (such extension will beswitched into voice mail automatically).
4. Next, set the time for VigorIPPBX according to local time zone. It can guarantee that theoperation for Office hours/ Non Office hours will be normal still.
5. Set the Office Hour as shown below. It starts from AM8:00 to AM12:00; and PM13:00 toPM17:30.
6. Now, the Auto Attendant for each Trunk (SIP Trunk/ISDN Trunk/PSTN Trunk) onVigorIPPBX will run automatically.
Note: If the staffs must leave the office due to certain activity of the company on Tuesday,the Extension 2001 or the administrator of VigorIPPBX can pick the phone up and dial *7.After hearing the beep sound, the systme will switch into Non-Office setting. All theincoming calls will be forwarded to Extension 901. The next day (Wednesday), the systemwill switch into Office Hour setting (AM8:00) automatically and carry out the normaloperation.