Creating 802.1Q VLANs on Vigor2860 and DrayTek Smart Switch
Posted by on 26 August 2015 01:47 PM
In this guide, we will create an 802.1Q Trunk between a Vigor2860 and DrayTek Smart Switch VigorG2260 based on the following network topology.
Part A: Configure Vigor2860
1. Go to LAN >> VLAN to tick enable VLAN Configuration. The default VLAN0 has been created and all of ports belong to VLAN0 with Subnet
LAN1 and 0 for VID. For the VLAN1 and VLAN2, we have to enable VLAN tag so the network traffic can be transferred to switch. Tick P2 on
VLAN1 and VLAN2 which will be connected port1 of switch. The Subnet of VLAN1 is assigned to LAN2 and the Subnet of VLAN2 is assigne
to LAN3. VID of VLAN1 is set to 100 and VLAN2 is set to 200.
2. Go to LAN >>General Setup>> and check Status and DHCP boxes on LAN2 and LAN3. You can click on Details Page button to perform
3. Go to LAN >>General Setup >> Inter-LAN Routing menu and select the check boxes corresponding to each LAN to be routed.
(Route between LAN1, LAN2 ,LAN3 and between LAN2 and LAN3)
Paer B: VigorP2261 Configuration
1. Go to Configuration>>VLAN>>VLAN Membership Configuration menu to create two VLANs: Sales and IT and associate them with
VLAN ID 100 and 200. Port 1 and Port 2 belong to VLAN 100 and Port1 and Port3 belong to VLAN 200.
2. Go to Configuration>>VLAN>>Ports menu to configure port type, Egress Rule and PVID for port 1, 2 and 3.
Port 1: Port Type selects S-customer-port, Egress Rule selects Truck which will be connected to router and the value of PVID is set to 1.
Port 2: Port Type selects Unware, Egress Rule selects Access which will be connected to computer and the value of PVID is set to 100.
Port 3: Port Type selects S-customer-port, Egress Rule selects Access which will be connected to computer and the value of PVID is set to
The computer connected to Port 2 of Switch will be assigned to VLAN 200 and will get an IP address 192.168.2.X.
The computer connected to Port 3 of Switch will be assigned to VLAN 200 and will get an IP address 192.168.3.X.
Ping 192.168.1.12 from PC with IP address 192.168.3.10 and should get reply if all of the settings are correct.