From users remarks there appear to be several limitations of
the USB Printer port on the newer Vigor 2600plus/G/V and Vigor 2900 series
models. They are:
- Does not support bi-directional printer interface. If your printer
comes with a utility or driver software that detects how full the ink
cartridge is, it will not work.
- Cannot support the other modes of multi-function printer/scanner/fax
- Cannot print documents larger than the printers buffer memory
I recommend three alternatives:
- Connect your USB printer to one of your computers (which is powered
on most of the time, such as a server), and use the Windows built-in
- Use a dedicated Printer Server device; or dedicate an old PC (a 386
is quite adequate) to being the Printer Server using the Windows built-in
- Purchase a network printer (such as the Dell 1700n laser at $419).
This has networking functionality built-in, and simply plugs into your
LAN using a standard ethernet cable.